Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Outfit of the day


Today was busy and tiring. I went to have my hair done at Oscar Oscar salon in Paddington (unfortunately the blow dry was ruined by the wind) and then pick up meat for Christmas lunch from Victor Churchill's on Queen street, Woollahra.

If you haven't been to this butcher, and you live in Sydney- you must do yourself a favour and go there!

Earlier this year it was completely refurbished to make buying meat and poultry a shopping experience, not just an everyday chore.

(Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the store, the one above I pinched off their site...ssshhh!) One of the best looking parts of the store is the door handle- It's a long line of sausage links. So good, so kitsch, so inspired.

Once inside you can see meat being prepared and carved up live, with up to 3 butchers behind glass hard at work. Peruse cabinets full of various cuts of meat and poultry in all different varieties, (I love to stare at the wagyu beef all the different grades and drool), and choose your own cuts of prosciutto to be sliced in front of you.

There are also gourmet condiments and sauces and tubs of duck fat to confit a la maison.

A chef prepares meals such as coq au vin, ready to be heated up at home and individual desserts and salads are also available.

In such a boutique and lovely store you would expect enormous prices, but it is quite to opposite. For the absolutely brilliant quality you are receiving you will be greatly surprised at how inexpensive it is.
To give an example: Today I picked up 2 Turkey breast rolls (around 3.2kg) a 2kg loin of pork and 20 strips of prosciutto for just under $180.00.

From memory you can buy wagyu beef patties from $2.00 and sourdough baguettes for $6.00.

But don't just sit there reading my ramblings. My brain is scrambled from the heat! Hurry yourselves in to Churchill's or check out the website (I believe they're going to be home delivering soon!)

I know you pervs love a peek at my outfits! So here is today's:



Jacket- L.A.M.B
Tank- Supre
Shorts- Bettina Liano
Shoes- Nine West
Bag- Marc Jacobs

And here's a picture of my baby, Georgina, just because I was laughing at her shifty eye that I managed to catch on camera.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Your lifestyle is so very glamourous, like a movie star!!! Even your dog is!!

    Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just realised that last shot of my back looks like a gratuitous ass shot!
    It's supposed to be displaying the detail of the jacket- sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is to die for! You're very pretty too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit - love the jacket. Your puppy is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're a babe! love the outfit and aww the pup is too CUTE

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot outfit, I really like it! And your dog is adorable, love the shifty eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU'RE GORGEOUS! I LOVE YOUR JEAN SHORTS! I HAD LONG HAIR FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE BUT CUT IT LAST YEAR AND KIND OF REGRET IT EVERY TIME I SEE LONG, PRETTY, BLONDE HAIR NOW :(

    ReplyDelete

Stay cute...