Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New kitchen challenges...

I think we all know that I love cooking. I think we all know that I'm clumsy and messy and my food always turns out looking...well, let's say average. (Even though it's waaaaayy below that).
I promise you, it ALWAYS tastes good. But while I put the pictures up on this blog so we can all have a little giggle, I die inside everytime I attempt to make something and it just doesn't come out perfectly.

Today I bought this book:


Indulgence Petit Fours (Murdoch Books 2009)
I figured that if I have to practise making everything in miniature, I can't afford to be messy or clumsy because it just won't work out at all. There's really no room to make mistakes with petit fours because they will be a disaster all around.

I figure this is a good place to perfect my skills, so I plan on cooking my way through the book until I'm at least 50% better.

I will be relying on all of you to let me know how I'm going!

Now...I just need to decide what to make first!

5 comments:

  1. I've just bought both this and At Home and in the Mood after reading you posts (and reviews). Have you had a look at Jamie's America? A little bit more casual, but there is a great variety in there and it's all so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty book - please let me know what you think of it. I love getting real recommendations on good books. Looking forward to your results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly- Wow! Good to know I'm getting through to some people. You'll loooove Luke's book. So many great recipes.

    Hi Anita- I think I might scan the pages in as I make stuff. At least the pictures anyway, so we can compare my results. (oh no, what am I getting myself in to?) It's really beautifully styled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo please post the recipes and tips too! I love cooking cute and tasty things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one gorgeous cover! Can you start with those as they look so pretty! :) I bet you're much better than you give yourself credit for!

    ReplyDelete

Stay cute...