Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Penguin Classics- 75 new titles released


About a month ago an open casting call for the new Penguin Classics ad campaign was announced via their email list.

I decided to go along- being a student with not much else to do, I thought it would be fun.


Out of the few hundred people around Australia; I got chosen!

Above is the picture of me that appears in the ad, and below is the video with the full list of 75 new titles.


I got 'Playing Beatie Bow' presumably because of the bow in my hair. (I know the book isn't about bows as such, but it's a cute tie in, dontchathink?)

I'm pretty happy I got to represent an Aussie, female author, too. (Not to take away from the other authors, but it makes me proud to be an Australian woman!)

The 75 new titles will be released in July this year, so look out for them- there's some really exciting titles. Which one are you most looking forward to?




pic and video pinched from Penguin Australia

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! You look gorgeous in your picture - how did you get the bow in your hair? It's so cute, but I'm guessing it takes a certain amount of skill to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats! Love your photo and the bow-ness of it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does take a while. I was sitting on a train in Tokyo and a little girl had one. I asked her how to do it and she pulled hers out and gave me a quick demo. It took some skill to remember it but once you get the hang of it, it's fine.

    Would be very hard to describe by typing out the instructions, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's so sweet about the girl in Tokyo with the hair bow, I can just see it now! xx Polly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I love Playing Beatie Bow, haven't read it in years so I will be picking up a copy STAT.

    You look gorgeous in the photo too.

    ReplyDelete

Stay cute...