Bust- 92cm (36 inches) Bust- (36 inches) No change
- Waist- 69cm (27 inches) Waist- 66.5cm (26 inches) Loss of 2.5cm
- Hips- 90.5cm (35 inches) Hips- 87cm (34 inches) Loss of 3.5cm
- Thighs- 59cm (25 inches) Thighs- 56.5cm (22 inches) Loss of 2.5cm
- Weight- 67.3kg Weight- 64.3kg Loss of three kilos
- BMI- 21.94 BMI- 21.00 Loss of .94
In case you didn't believe me...
Favourite juice- apple, lemon, cos lettuce, celery, silverbeet, parsley and cucumber
I loved this one as firstly, it's something I would order on my own anyway if I were buying fresh juice. And secondly, it just feels clean and you can tell it's doing good for your system once you've drunk it. While it doesn't sound appealing the taste is neither fruity nor vegetable-y; it's just very neutral and seems to agree with my body.
Least favourite juice- Coconut milk, raw cashews, vanilla bean, agave nectar, cinnamon and water
Strangely, this was my favourite one on the first day. I think it was just a novelty as I was used to eating whatever I wanted, so that first day it was the closest thing to chocolate or something sugary tasting. But by the second night I found it really hard to swallow. I even ditched it on the fourth night.
What I've discovered
- The most obvious conclusion I've come to is that I eat far too much, too often. I'm really going to try and listen to my body and eat only when I get hungry. Not when I look at the clock and realise it's lunchtime. Or morning tea. Or the time between morning tea and lunch....or the time between dinner and bedtime.
- I'm definitely going to cut out beer. I've been thinking about my drinking habits and I've noticed in the past few months the times I feel absolutely wretched are after a day/night drinking beer. It's always been after going to the cricket or the footy or spending a night out with male friends. All the nights I've had out with female friends we usually drink cocktails and/or champagne. I've had no headache, no puffy eyes and no bloating the next day. Apparently I am allergic to yeast so duh- that might be a good indication. Not sure how I'm going to survive the footy season without beer. Bye bye Pure Blonde, my love.
- Soft drink is a really obvious one for me. Straight away after drinking coke I feel awful and bloated, and for how glowy my skin is, and how bright my eyes are now it's not worth the taste I love for how gross it makes me feel. This will be tough, but I'll try.
- Salt. I'm such a bandit for salt. To me, salt, garlic and butter are not ingredients; they're obsessions. A way of life. I cannot fathom a world without them. Of course butter isn't great in excess, but I guess I can avoid it for the most part- but salt is in everything. This one will be tough.
- Processed food- aarggghhhhh seriously I love hotdogs sooo much. I know they're foul but I'm addicted. Footy season without beer and hotdogs? Next you'll tell me I'm not allowed to actually watch the games.
Eventually I'll get back into eating red meat, but a friendly email reminder about how to come off the detox suggests holding back on red meat, pork and pork products and turkey for a while.
It is also suggested that the next week be seen as a somewhat semi-detox where you ease back into regular eating.
I think I should take this advice as it would be silly to waste all that effort.
So that means plenty of fruit and vegies, grains, beans, green tea and water and small amounts of chicken, eggs, dairy and soy.
Let's see if I can keep this up!
Thanks for following me on my journey, who is going to book the Urban Remedy cleanse next?