Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Fatal Attraction to Cuteness

I've had my eye on this adorable Peter Alexander nightie for a couple of weeks now and today I finally took the plunge.
Word of warning- if you're going to buy it, get it from the actual Peter Alexander boutiques, their online store or their mail order system. I originally wanted to purchase it from David Jones but they were selling it for $79.95 instead of the RRP of $59.00. They had even gone over the $59.00 tag with black marker and although you could still see the $59.00 price through the marker, they wouldn't budge on the price.

It's part of the Sleep and Day range which features pyjamas which are a little more wearable for daytime, and I interpret this as still being in my PJs at midday and going to collect the mail- moreso than actually wearing it out as a dress.

I was also looking for bed socks today too. I have the most adorable pair which are like little mary janes and were purchased at St Vincent's Hospital and I'm quite sure were crocheted by a 103 year old nun in the Hunter Valley*, but aside from that, my little tooties need some backups!
Shops are seriously lacking in this department right now. The best I could come up with were these hilarious Doona boots which are a rip off, cheapo version of some more superior and expensive ones I've seen elsewhere.
I bought my sexy, $12.00 versions from Target and while they came in a delicate powder-blue, heart print fabric, I opted for the purple shoe and bag print- They're sooooooooooo Carrie Bradshaw I JUST DIE.

*They were actually crocheted by the awesomely talented woman who delivers the food to the patients at St Vincent's Private. Apparently she also takes orders when she has a spare 2 minutes and can whip up a pair in those same 2 minutes. Unfortunately I've never come across her in all my stays at the Hospital.

When I got them home, I realised that they're kind of like oven mits.

Am I right?





Who picked up on the Fatal Attraction (to Cuteness) reference?

My baby darling Georgina had a big day today too, so I decided to tuck her into bed and read her her favourite story book, Who wants to be a Poodle I don't by Lauren Child.
I found this gorgeous book at Lesley McKay bookshop on Queen St, Woollahra. It's all about a pampered Poodle name Trixie Twinkle Toes who doesn't like being a poncy little Poodle, basically.
It suits Georgina really well as she looks divine but she's a bit of a rough-nut sometimes.




"Who wants a belly rub?!?"

Man, my bed looks small in those pics. Freakishly giant me makes a Queen look like a single. I wonder what NBA players sleep in?

What recent purchases have you made? Does anyone have any hints for other cute jamies for Winter?

Nightie- Peter Alexander
Robe- Peter Alexander
Boots- Alannah Hill
Socks- Sportsgirl
Bed Socks- Target

21 comments:

  1. oh god. i am out of words. you are too cute. please come over and pull a stuffed bunny out of my cooking pots too! dressed like that. maybe with some more bows. thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I bought the most awesome Mickey and Minnie mouse pjs from the kids section of big w. They are so beautiful I don't want to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are adorable! I could spend so much money in Peter Alexander. It's not even funny. And thanks for the heads up re: DJs and dodgy mark ups. Although I didn't even know you could buy PA pjs from DJS. You learn something every day, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking gorgeous today, a little Lara Bingle-esque actually (this is a compliment, not a back-handed one!)

    For cute slippers, I love the Grosby Hoodie ones from K-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god marlo these pics are hilarious! i nearly died laughing, they are too cute! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was just looking at that nightie in David Jones yesterday and wanting! I did think the price was rather high for PA, so now I know why: department stores are evil :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving all the pics and that dress is cute xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress, and LOVE your boots. Love the photos too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pics are so cute! love the dress too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Want more time with parents and children with family? Can operate as long as the trivial time
    Welcome to learn a simple understanding of free market
    http://sn.im/vemma_usa

    I wish you your heart happy! ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Peter Alexander PJs, that dress is especially cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marlo!! I have the same dress as you do! Fashionable minds think alike! I posted a pic of it in one of my blog posts! I love it so much!

    I am in Melbourne, to answer your question.

    I had no idea that DJs mark up their PA prices. Are they even allowed to do that?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dream doggie!

    follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute photos! look really great!;)

    http://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have an amazing blog! you are so pretty!, can you check out and follow my blog at:
    vyile.blogspot.com?

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute pictures.. and i love what you're wearing!!
    and omg, your dog.. is soooo adorable, i WANT!

    xoxo

    Casio watch giveaway..check it out!
    http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/2011/08/get-your-swag-on-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love carrie bradshaw style too :)
    take a look at my new blog :) thanx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have an amazing blog!!!

    Would u like to follow each other on GCF and bloglovin?

    Lots of love ♥

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blog is very good ..
    as well as the clothes are very beautiful to look at

    ReplyDelete

Stay cute...