Sunday, June 6, 2010

Striptease

How pathetic are the Roosters? No, seriously. They beat one of the greatest teams one week and lose to the worst the next.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

So here's a quick outfit post for you anyway. Normally I despise girls who 'dress up' for the footy, wear heels and tonnes of makeup, but I was going out afterwards so I had an excuse.

I realised something funny with these pics once they were on my computer- My pants weren't pulled up high enough so they look like they have a really low crotch and that my hips are really high up.
I do have a long body and a seemingly large pelvis, but it's not really as weird looking as what's projected in the photos.

Also, creepily, my face is super-blurred, like in the movie The Ring and I didn't want that scary girl with the hair over the front of her face to come and kill you all in seven days so I just cropped them. Clever and considerate. I think in the last photo I was having a mini-tantrum too and I may have actually stamped my foot (which is why it's further forward). What a total brat!

I've showed a picture of the lace top I'm wearing underneath my leopard print one, not because I wanted to show you my stomach, but because I wanted to tell a story of how I found it.

I'd been looking for a lace, long sleeved, stretchy top for ages. I didn't mind if it had a high neck, but kind of liked the idea of it being 'skivvy'-like (despite hating skivvys themselves).
I could only ever find body suits or tops which were unsuitable, but I knew I had seen this type of thing in shops in Kings Cross which sell costumes and...stuff.

Obviously I spend alot of time in those types of stores buying Cat'o'Nine Tails, Ball Gags, Dildos and Latex, Crotchless-Underwear; so I know about these things.

KIDDING. I used to live in Potts Point. I have the shop fronts of Darlinghurst road forever etched in my mind. That's how I know about these things.

Turns out that strippers are quite partial to a bit of a lace number too. So I bought a dress like this one from Stripperwear.com except with long sleeves and a neck:



I must be taller than your average exotic dancer because it's really short on me. If I wore it as a dress, you'd easily be able to see my bum. Oh....wait.

Well, lucky for you lot I'm not employed by any strip clubs, so it just gets worn as an under piece during Winter.

Because it's not made of natural fibres, it's very warm and it matches all my Leather, Tartan/Plaid and Leopard print clothing prefectly.

The pants I'm wearing are my faaaaaaaaaaaavourites at the moment. It's such a shame they don't photograph well. In real life they're almost Oompa Loompa-ish. They're really tight around the ankles and calves and then puffy out the side of the hips (which I love- anything to make my hips and ass look bigger and I'm obsessed!) and quite baggy around the crotch and bum, but not so much that they're harem pants, just more like Jodhpurs.


What's the weirdest place you've found something you've been coveting for a long time?




Lace Top- From One of the Many Sex Shops on Darlinghurst Road
Leopard Top- Supre
Leather Jacket- No name brand
Pants- Alistair Trung
Shoes (which can't be seen)- Robert Clergerie
Bag- Vivienne Westwood

7 comments:

  1. Love this outfit so much my fellow leopard lover. I especially love the lace top/dress such a fab find.
    BOO Roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Love the lace top and I would never have picked that leopard top from supre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the leopard & lace combo! HOT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahaha. Marlo you are so goshdarned resourceful. Great work.
    I LOVE that leopard print thing btw - looks like I'm off to brave Supre at lunch. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pants, I have a similar pair and I wear them all the time at work because it feels like I am wearing PJ pants, also I have just realised if I wear my super comfy brogues it feels like I have on PJ pants and slippers.

    Perfect corporate attire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marlo, Supre need to start paying you commission regarding the leopard print top, so just to add to the hype, by any chance is it from this season??
    Your blog always makes me laugh - this post was hilarious and I also recall a post where your keyboard "jammed" whilst discussing sex and vodka!!! hahaha. Keep up the great work!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies,
    thanks for the lovely comments!

    The Supre top is actually from a few years ago, back when there was a store in that arcade opposite the Strand.
    It was on a sample rack along with other things that didn't make the collection and set me back a huge $15.

    I'll probably put it with some other outfits on here during Winter, it seriously looks divine with Tartan!

    ReplyDelete

Stay cute...