Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To-do list. The post-exam edition.


In my last post I described my sheer anguish over Basketball and exams. The very next day my team bombed out and went down to the Boston Celtics meaning that they were out of the competition until next season.

This left me with only high levels of anxiety toward my upcoming exams. One took place today and I have another one on Thursday. Thank God for only doing a couple of subjects this semester!

So, because I'm half way through now, I've come to the stage of the semester where I need to start planning my off-time.

For those of you who haven't noticed, my name is Marlo. Hello, how are you? And everytime I meet someone new (particularly guys) they say "Daaaamnnnn you are beautiful!" wait, wait...no, they say "...Marlo, hey? Have you watched The Wire?"

This has been going on for a number of years now. For about as long as The Wire has been around (Weird, huh?). But I've decided that since I never have a clever answer to that question it's high time I sat myself down and watched the entire series.

I hear that this Marlo Stanfield character is 'powerful' and 'badass' so we obviously have alot in common. I'm looking forward to it.

Other things I need to do include celebrating my 23rd Birthday! Yay! Growing old! Oh, who am I kidding, I'm still a bubba. I have the chubby cheeks to prove it.
I'm not entirely certain what I'll be doing for my birthday yet. If you have any suggestions, let me know. It falls on a weekday so I think I'll spend the day on my own crying going to the beautician, movies, lunch or whatever while all my friends are at Uni and/or work and wait until the weekend to celebrate properly.

I also don't have a Birthday Outfit planned yet. Being a Winter baby has it's downsides, like everyone is in Europe so they can't come to your party, it's always raining/cold so people never want to have a big night, it's too cold to wear anything except sixteen layers of coats.
But for all the negatives, there are stacks of positives to having a birthday in the colder months like...uummm. You can..no...uumm. OK, there really aren't any. The only real positive is that my Birthday is six away from Christmas so there's none of that "this is for your Birthday and Christmas" nonsense some November/December/January babies get off their family.


If anyone has any kickass suggestions about any new bars or anything opening up in Sydney, let me know. I have my favourites but it's always hard getting everyone together.

Wow, so really that's only two things on my to-do list. Tough life.

What is everyone else doing during their uni hols? Does anyone have any ideas for fun things to do in Winter?

Also wanted to post a heads up to my friend Angie's blog. *Click* You may remember her from such outings as 'Fighting off girls to get at Kim Kardashian' and 'Empty Promises- The Festival formerly known as Future Music'. She's doing a Keeping Up With The Kardashians giveaway at the moment, so head on over!

3 comments:

  1. In this post I feel like I wrote it as I agree with SO much! my birthday is in 2 days and every negative you wrote, I totally agree. Lucky my boyfriend A will be taking an annual leave day off (like he did last year to come uni with me) so I will spend it with him, but I too will be going beautician.

    And i'm majoring stressed with exams! I hope yours go well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Marlo darling! Thanks for the link to my blog! I hope your faithful readers enjoy it as much as they do yours!

    The Keeping Up With The Kardashians giveaway will continue for one more week! So make sure you enter!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my macaron post! Good luck making macarons! And yes, Marlo is a pretty amazing character, I definitely recommend watching "The Wire." I got pretty obsessed myself; after finishing the series, I just put the first disc back in and started all over again. That good!

    I love the way you wore your Magic dress! I forgot about those jersey dresses; if Lebron comes to Chicago, I hope they make his jersey in dress form, lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Stay cute...